Here are some of the key things that a Fire Safe Council can do:
- Identify the wildfire risks that exist in the Calistoga area on a neighborhood by neighborhood basis and suggest ways that those risks can be reduced.
- Apply for grants to actually reduce some of those risks (e.g. for clearing the brush near roadways for faster and easier evacuation, if that becomes necessary)
- Provide timely information for reducing the amount of burnable vegetation around your home
- Identify free programs (e.g. chipping) that might help you in your defensible space efforts
- Provide information about home improvements you can make to improve the chances of your home surviving a wildfire.
- Develop emergency contact and evacuation plans for our neighborhood
- Gather information about each home and its residents (including animals) to help first responders save lives and property
We are working hard to educate homeowners about fire-safe activities while working with local fire officials to design and implement projects that increase the wildfire survivability of our community.
- Go Bag
- What You Can Do
- What to Do When There’s a Red Flag Warning
- Fire Incident Map
- Risk Assessment
- Calistoga Fire Safe Council Calendar
Community Meeting Notes
Please sign up to be kept informed, and help us make Calistoga safer.
Calistoga Resident Form
photos of Calistoga generously provided by Tim Carl