Here are some of the key things that a Fire Safe Council can do:
- Identify the wildfire risks that exist in the Calistoga area on a neighborhood by neighborhood basis and suggest ways that those risks can be reduced.
- Apply for grants to actually reduce some of those risks (e.g. for clearing the brush near roadways for faster and easier evacuation, if that becomes necessary)
- Provide timely information for reducing the amount of burnable vegetation around your home
- Identify free programs (e.g. chipping) that might help you in your defensible space efforts
- Provide information about home improvements you can make to improve the chances of your home surviving a wildfire.
- Develop emergency contact and evacuation plans for our neighborhood
- Gather information about each home and its residents (including animals) to help first responders save lives and property
We are working hard to educate homeowners about fire-safe activities while working with local fire officials to design and implement projects that increase the wildfire survivability of our community.
- Go Bag
- What You Can Do
- What to Do When There’s a Red Flag Warning
- Fire Incident Map
- Risk Assessment
- Calistoga Fire Safe Council Calendar
Community Meeting Notes
Please sign up to be kept informed, and help us make Calistoga safer.
photos of Calistoga generously provided by Tim Carl